Centre for Living Conditions and Survey Research
Centre for Living Conditions and Survey Research performs nationwide tasks for public statistics as a whole in the area of statistics on living conditions of the population, and conducts surveys for the Łódzkie Voivodship.
The Centre consists of: Research and Data Editing Unit and Methodology and Training Unit, whose are responsible for the following tasks:
- Conducting, as an author's unit, nationwide work on the organisation, methodology, programming, acquisition and editing of data on Consumer Survey (KGD), including:
- developing research methodology and creating definitions of concepts and classifications,
- development of the subjective and objective scope of the research,
- analysis and approval of the national collection,
- conducting work on the assessment of the quality of the survey, as well as taking measures to improve subsequent editions,
- developing, presenting, disseminating and making available research results, statistical analyses and the preparation of analytical materials.
- Construction, maintenance and updating of the knowledge database in the field of living conditions of the population;
- Cooperation to the organisation and implementation of the Social Cohesion Survey (BSS) and the European Statistics on Income and Living Conditions (EU-SILC), also through the independent development of issues concerning economic activity of the population, and the modules of the EU-SILC survey for each year, including: methodology, formulated questions, preparation of new survey assumptions, monitoring and analysis of cross-sectional and panel’ collections;
- Conducting work related to ensuring methodological cohesion and standardization of surveys, including unification and nationwide coordination of uniform application of the reasons for not undertaking a survey in social survey;
- Coordination of work related to the implementation of research included in the Statistical Survey Program of Official Statistics (PBSSP) in Łódzkie Voivodship;
- Collection, storing and analysis of statistical data from:
- household surveys;
- surveys on retail prices of consumer and non-consumer goods and services and on market prices of major agricultural products;
- agricultural surveys; including the service of the national statistical hotline for agricultural surveys
- Organising work and creating organisational conditions for the work of statistical interviewers and experts;
- Carrying out work for the optimisation of the functioning of the network of statistical interviewers;
- Developing on the programmes and the implementations of the training courses for a nationwide network of statistical interviewers and experts;
- Carrying out the conceptual work on the methodology of statistical surveys in the scope of living conditions of the population and initiating and preparing methodological solutions;
- Participation in the implementation of projects co-financed by European funds;
- Carrying out test's and pilot surveys.