Centre for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
Centre for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises executes nationwide duties performed for official statistics as a whole in the area of small and medium-sized enterprises statistics. The Centre deals with the collection of information about processes taking place in the micro-enterprise sector and provides official statistical data on the economic situation of this largest group of enterprises in Poland. Obtained data is a necessary component in the national information system. According to the specialization, the Centre along with branch offices in Brzeziny, Piotrków Trybunalski and Sieradz carries out following tasks:
- conducting works according to the programme of public statistics,
- designing standard forms with explanations,
- initiating and preparing methodological solutions,
- updating of registers and the samples for statistical surveys,
- preparing assumptions for the electronic system relating to the collection, processing and analyzing data, and participation in their testing,
- collecting, accumulating, storing, processing and analyzing the quality of statistical data,
- the development and validation of national and regional datasets,
- preparation of national and regional tables,
- providing the results of the survey,
- the development of publications and information for publications in accordance with the publishing plan,
- conducting works aimed at developing methods of using administrative data sources in statistical surveys of small and medium-sized enterprises.
As part of its activities, the Centre carries out surveys:
- SP-3 – Report on economic activity of enterprises - including data on: number of persons employed, wages and salaries, gross value of fixed assets, financial results, specialized information in the scope of trade, gastronomy, transport and health care. In addition, due to the integration of statistical forms, includes a section with information about foreign-owned micro-enterprises (used for KZ - Report of foreign capital).
- Survey of newly created enterprises - applies to conditions of formation a new businesses in Poland, their development and activity state during the first five years of business. The data are collected under an additional section attached to the reports of the SP-3 and SP.
The surveys carried out at the Centre for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises are the only source of statistical data on the types, scale and business results of the whole population of micro-enterprises.