Łódzkie Centre for Regional Surveys
Łódzkie Centre for Regional Surveys, as a centre of statistical knowledge on Łódzkie Voivodship, provides an information and analytical support for decision-making processes which ensure efficient region’s governance.
In detail, the tasks of the Centre include:
- Conducting work on analyses of social, economic and environmental situation of the region, taking into account public administration needs in the voivodship.
- Conducting surveys and analyses significant for the region, as well as participation in surveys realized by other units.
- Elaborating of thematic and multidisciplinary publications, as well as drafting of communications, news releases and statistical analyses in accordance with editorial standards.
- Disseminating and publishing of statistical results derived from the official statistics surveys and fulfilling individual orders for data, as well as running the Statistical Information Centre.
- Identification and analysis of the recipients’ needs for statistical results, as well as designing of forms and methods to satisfy them.
- Cooperation on monitoring and evaluation of regional development policy.
- Cooperation with higher education institutions, research and economic related entities to integrate knowledge on Łódzkie Voivodship.
- Popularization and promotion of official statistics information resources, dissemination of knowledge about statistics, including social media.
- Statistical education and supporting of actions which improve skills of statistical data interpretation.
- Taking actions to strengthen the role of the Statistical Office in Łódź as regional partner in research, education as well as strategic and programme documents making services.
- Providing information services for the press, radio and tv staff in the region.